Day 10: Grove City to Harrisburg, PA



Argh: it's finally come to this. The worst possible construction of a Subway tuna sub and veggie sub imaginable. Is it me, or does the mustard "traditionally" go on the inside of the sandwich?

Conversely, in our walk about the depressed part of old downtown I stumbled across a hot dog shop. Curious, I popped in. The place was lined with booths, packed. A hot dog cost $1.65. I had mine with mustard and onions. The grill cook was kind and friendly. I should have had more hot dogs instead of wandering on and compromising for Subway, which I have now officially sworn off.

It did not get better when we got to our hotel in Harrisburg. The first room had not been really cleaned and lacked the smoke detector, which was in the bedside table. We got moved to a better room. Oh, and the wifi didn't work properly, so I didn't get this posted at the end of the day.

After 10 days out on the road, the trip is no longer much fun.

GeekGas says we got got 33.0473 mpg over 285 miles. The second tank of the day we got 38.716 mpg over 316 miles.

Comments