Interactive WhiteBoard Presentation at GFA



Last Thursday was Lower School Parent's Night at Greens Farms Academy and I gave a twenty minute presentation about the SmartBoards installed over the summer. I built in part of my Meet Mr. Burker lesson I did with the students to introduce the parents to me, my educational technology philosophy, and how we are going to use the SmartBoards this year.



I invited the parents up to draw on and interact with the board. They helped me locate Seattle and Connecticut on the map and learned to write my name in cursive. Additionally, they helped me identify some shapes and learned how the SmartBoard essentially becomes the computer, as the computer can be manipulated from the board itself.

The parents were very receptive to the presentation and excited to see the technology in action. Their students are excited, too, and the SmartBoards might prove to be a very effective technology for the K-5 group.

Comments